Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Sales Technique

Very few people would argue that selling is difficult. It's tough to get people to write you a check. If you're in sales... you know what I'm talking about. Companies around the country are coming up with creative ideas to improve sales. Well, how about having other people sell for you? Imagine having people you know ask their clients, references, and friends to sell your product. That's the basic theory behind a new plan by ePro Direct.

These guys make mobile apps. The product is called eProMeetingApps (EMA) I've met several people from their company at industry events, and it's a great organization. The apps are user-friendly, and beneficial to show organizers. Today, I got a call from one of the people I've met from the company. Cindy Eddleman asked me to be a partner, and she offered me commission! That's right... she told me about a new plan at ePro Direct where other vendors can become partners to sell the ePro Meeting Apps for a 10% commission. It's called a "Partnership Alliance Program", and basically-- if I send a new client to Cindy, and she closes the deal. I get 10%. Just like that.

I love the out-of-box thinking, and creative approach to sales. It's not without risk, however. There is the possibility of brand confusion-- as I might not represent ePro Direct as well as one of their employees. Well, ePro Direct has thought about that. They are willing to create micro-websites for their partners which include their messaging, branding, and look.

It's a way to expand their network exponentially. If just a handful of partners send new clients to ePro Direct, imagine how their business will grow. To be completely transparent-- I don't see myself making cold calls, or searching for new leads who may be interested in ePro Meeting Apps. But you can bet I'll mention it to CNTV clients who ask about mobile apps. I might even get 10% for the mention. Not a bad return on investment.

Would love to hear your thoughts, and your creative, new sales ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment