Saturday, November 28, 2009

The time has come...

It should be easy for me to start a blog. I'm a writer for God's sake. But instead, it's something I've been putting off. Will I say the right thing? Will anyone want to listen? It's finally time. I just decided today is the day.

After twelve years as a television news producer, I now have my own company. I teamed up with two great guys to create Convention News Television. We put our news experience to work at conventions and tradeshows. Writing is a passion of mine, so this should all come very easily, but even for the most seasoned writers, blogs can be intimidating.

I'm planning to write about writing. Does that make any sense at all? There are simple things writers can do to tell a good story. Hopefully I can relay what I've learned in an interesting way. I'm also planning to write about video production, and how to tell great stories using moving pictures. Believe it, it takes a lot more than hitting the record button. My partners will help by adding their two cents on lighting, framing, etc, but our company is all about content, so our blog will be too.

I'll be watching for interesting blogs to follow in the meetings industry, so if you know of any... pass them on! It's nice to finally be in the blogging world.

No comments:

Post a Comment